Home » Guidelines
You’ll need, the following;
- Copy of the dressage test or Course Plan (see sample videos for Dressage or Equation)
- Arena or flat surface either 20×40 or 20×60 (check the test for the correct size)
- Video camera and someone to film your test. Held sideways!
- Computer to transfer your video from the camera.
- WhatsApp on your phone or devise
- Enter a class – we publish a schedule of classes
- Set up an arena – see guidelines below
- Learn the test or arrange to have a caller
- Have a friend or acquaintance video you while you ride the test. Keep the sound on, you can have the test called but no instructions given.
- Give your name, horses name, test that your entering and the month.
Acceptable Dress and Tack
- Dress can be informal but tidy, if a show jacket or hacking jacket is worn, then the horse or pony must wear boots or bandages to clearly demonstrate that the test has not already been judged.
- Riding hats must be worn. BSI Standard hats or other such protective headwear is strongly advised and compulsory for those under 18 years of age. Suitable footwear with a heel and gloves must be worn for safety reasons.
- Gloves must be worn.
- Bridles should be used as follows: – ordinary snaffle; Nosebands must be worn, a drop, cavesson or flash with a snaffle. Other tack: martingales, side, running or elasticised reins may not be used in any Dressage competition. You may Martingales in the Equitation Classes.
- Neck straps or balancing straps (a loop on the front of the saddle) may be used at all levels in the tests. Cruppers are also allowed
- Boots or bandages are allowed to be worn, but can in the Equitation Classes.
- Spurs and a whip may also be used.